Designs For Health MCT Colada
MCT Colada™ contains emulsified medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) with a great-tasting natural pineapple/coconut flavor. Its emulsification allows for unparalleled absorption, and it will completely disperse when mixed into any liquid.
Medium-chain triglycerides are a unique form of fat requiring less energy and enzymes in order to be digested into its derivatives, medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) and monoglycerides. MCT oils have some very impressive health benefits, which may include support for cognitive health, athletes (fuel for intense exercise), and metabolic function.
Made with non-GMO ingredients.
Each serving contains:
Calories - 50
Medium Chain Trigylcerides - 6 g
Other Ingredients: Water, glycerine, gum arabic, natural flavors, citric acid, xanthan gum, guar gum, potassium sorbate, Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol), ascorbyl palmitate, and stevia.
As a dietary supplement, take 11 grams (approx. 2 teaspoons) per day, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Can be taken alone or mixed in yogurt, juice, or other beverages.
Great-tasting, emulsified MCT oil
MCT Colada™ contains emulsified medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) with a great-tasting natural pineapple/coconut flavor. Its emulsification allows for unparalleled absorption, and will completely disperse when mixed into any liquid.
Medium Chain Triglycerides:
MCTs are processed in the body very differently than long-chain triglycerides, requiring less energy and enzymes in order to be digested. In the body, MCTs get broken down into medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) and their derivatives monoglycerides. They are easily absorbed across the wall of the small intestine into the blood stream and then delivered straight to the liver where they can get burned for energy (instead of being stored as fat). In essence, they act similar to a carbohydrate, but without the requirement of insulin. As a result, MCTs are more readily used as a source of energy, leading to an increase in metabolism and providing quick energy replenishment when needed.
Highlights of MCT Colada™:
- From coconut and palm oil
- Pineapple/coconut flavor
- High energy, rapidly available fuel
- Emulsified for quick absorption and easy mixing
- Shorter in length than long chain triglycerides such as safflower and corn oils
- Can be converted into ketones and used by the brain as an alternate energy source when glucose in not available
- Body burns MCTs for energy instead of being stored as fat, thus can help increase metabolism
Medium-chain triglycerides are a unique form of fat with some very impressive health benefits.
MCT Colada™ may be helpful for*:
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Autistic children and children with cognitive development issues
- Post brain injury
- Athletes (helps preserve muscle during intense exercise; alternative energy source when on a low carb diet)
- Combating antimicrobial conditions (antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial)
- Immune system
- Weight management/metabolic support
- People who cannot maintain muscle mass (AIDS, cancer, sarcopenia)
- Malabsorption syndromes