Designs For Health Organic PurePea Plus (with Greens)
Organic PurePea™ Plus is an organic, high protein, nutrient-dense functional food powder. Its protein source is a natural pea protein isolate made from USDA certified organic, non-GMO, North American grown yellow peas. It is a true vegan protein which has high bioavailability, excellent digestibility, and offers a high level of functionality and nutritional benefits.
This product also includes proprietary blends of greens, vegetables and fruits. We work closely with our certified organic growers to ensure the optimal preservation of enzymes and beneficial phytonutrients in these ingredients. They are harvested at their peak of potency and immediately concentrated and dried by utilizing proprietary cool-temperature processes that preserve their energetic and nutritional integrity.
Organic PurePea™ Plus is ideal for individuals who are following a healthy lifestyle, seeking support for sustained energy, mental clarity and overall well-being. It is a safe alternative for people with allergies to milk and milk products who must avoid casein or whey proteins, and for those with lactose intolerance. It is free of grains, legumes, alfalfa, corn, gluten, fructose and artificial sweeteners, and is available in a great-tasting vanilla-strawberry flavor.
each serving contains:
Calories - 130
Protein (from organic pea) - 18 g
Vitamin A - 2440 IU
Vitamin C - 5 mg
Calcium - 80 mg
Iron - 6 mg
Sodium - 340 mg
Organic Greens Proprietary Blend - 1.4 g
(Organic Spirulina, Organic Barley Grass Juice, Organic Wheat Grass Juice, Organic Chlorella)
Organic Vegetable Proprietary Blend - 1.3 g
(Organic Spinach, Organic Carrot, Organic Beet, Organic Tomato, Organic Kale, Organic Parsley)
Organic Fruit Proprietary Blend - 1.3 g
(Organic Apple, Organic Raspberry, Organic Cranberry, Organic Blueberry)
Other Ingredients: Certified organic natural flavors, certified organic stevia leaf extract.
As a dietary supplement, mix 34 grams (approx. 1 heaping scoop) in eight ounces of water or any other beverage per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Clear Advantages of Pea vs. Soy
• Easy to absorb - Pea protein does not contain anti-nutritional factors such as phytates and tannins that are found in soy which can inhibit absorption of minerals including iron, zinc, and calcium. Vegan diets are also known to be high in phytates.
• Soy is known to have estrogenic effects that may be undesirable for some patients. Pea protein contains low levels of isoflavones (estrogen-like compounds), minimizing possible estrogenic effects.
Highlights of Greens, Vegetable & Fruit Blends
• Densely-packed nutrition, providing quality antioxidants and phytonutrients
• Paleo profile: no grains or legumes
• No alfalfa, a common ingredient in many other leading brands (which has been shown to aggravate autoimmune conditions)
• Barley and wheat grass are 100% cold-processed juice solids vs. powders, resulting in 3 times the amount of chlorophyll of other greens formulation
• Certified organic spirulina, which is unique to greens products • Chlorella has a soft cell wall for better bioavailability
• Kale, broccoli and cauliflower sprouts have been assessed to contain high levels of health- promoting glucosinolates and sulforaphanes