NeuroScience Calm CP
Decreases cortisol levels and provides ingredients important for calm, sleep, and management of blood sugar.
- Experiencing stress (acute, sustained or immune)
- Consistently interrupted sleep
- Difficulty falling back asleep
- New or increasing abdominal fat
- In response to stress, the sympathetic nervous system (SNS) and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis signal to the adrenals to release catecholamines and cortisol
- Prolonged stress is associated with dysregulation of the HPA axis, which can affect catecholamine and cortisol levels
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
|Amount Per Serving
Phosphatidylserine, Glycine, Taurine, and Banaba extract (Lagerstroemia speciosa) (leaf) (18% corosolic acid)
Other Ingredients: Organic rice concentrate, vegetable capsule (hypromellose, water), and silica.
Take 2 capsules one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare provider. Do not exceed suggested use.
Warning: If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare provider before use. Keep out of reach of children.
This product has a tamper evident seal under the cap. Do not use if seal is broken or missing. Store at room temperature, in a dry place.
Stress, cortisol, and weight
Cortisol secretion follows a marked circadian pattern and increases in response to stress through activation of the HPA axis
- Adipocytes (fat cells) play a major role in the body’s production of cortisol
High stress has been linked to less healthy dietary behaviors and increased body weight
- Cortisol inhibits the secretion and actions of insulin (glucose uptake, central appetite reduction)
- Cortisol promotes the maturation of adipocytes (fat cells)
- Upregulation of the enzyme 11β-HSD1 promotes fat accumulation by increasing cortisol levels
- Elevated bedtime cortisol levels are associated with increased abdominal fat
Proven benefits of Calm CP
A randomized study with corosolic acid was shown to significantly lower blood glucose levels
- 10 subjects were prescreened and selected to receive corosolic acid once daily for 15 days
Blood glucose levels were 20-30% lower after two weeks
The effectiveness of Calm CP was analyzed in a study
- Participants were prescreened for elevated cortisol levels
- Calm CP (2 capsules twice daily for 4 days) significantly lowered total daily cortisol levels (area under the curve - AUC) compared to baseline values
- Calm CP decreased mean daily cortisol levels by 17%
- 71% of participants reported they would take Calm CP again