BioPure’s CzagaTM (pronounced ‘chaga’) is made from the fungus Inonotus obliquus. This mushroom grows as an irregularly formed mass of mycelium, resembling burnt charcoal, on the bark of birch trees in Siberia, Russia, eastern Europe, and some parts of the United States and Canada. Chaga has been revered as a medicinal substance for centuries. The most common way it was used traditionally was to boil it and create an aqueous extract. It was considered a cleansing substance and was used internally and externally to keep people healthy. It was also commonly used for supporting cardiovascular and gastrointestinal health.
Chaga mushrooms have been found to have a wide variety of biologically active compounds and secondary metabolites including triterpenoids such as inotodiol, lanosterol, and betulinic acid; sterols such as ergosterol; melanins, phenolic compounds, polysaccharides, vitamins, proteins, and more.
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Supports the body’s natural processes
- Supports healthy liver function
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
- Supports normal blood sugar metabolism
- Supports a healthy nervous system response