Supports formation of the key antioxidant compound glutathione
• Enhances free radical scavenging*
• Provides the three precursors needed to form glutathione within the body: N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC), glutamic acid and glycine*
• Includes α-lipoic acid GENESTRA BRANDS Glutathione Precursors helps to protect against oxidative stress and supports glutathione formation.
Glutathione, or γ-glutamyl-cysteinylglycine (GSH), is the primary intracellular antioxidant involved in preventing lipid and protein oxidation, and is a critical component in the enzymatic process used to detoxify hydroxide peroxide (H2O2).1,2 Cysteine, glutamic acid and glycine are the three essential precursors for endogenous glutathione production.3 Supplementation with NAC, cysteine, and glycine has been shown to increase GSH levels.4-6
1. Valencia E, Marin A, Hardy G. Glutathione—Nutritional and Pharmacological Viewpoints: Part II. Nutrition. 2001; 17: 485– 486
2. Valencia E, Hardy G. Practicalities of glutathione supplementation in nutritional support. Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care. 2002; 5: 321-326
3. Valencia E, Marin A, Hardy G. Glutathione—Nutritional and Pharmacological Viewpoints: Part III. Nutrition. 2001; 17: 696– 697
4. Kasperczyk S, Dobrakowski M, Kasperczyk A, Ostalowska A, Birkner E. The administration of N-acetylcysteine reduces oxidative stress and regulates glutathione metabolism. Clinical Toxicology. 2013; 51, 480–486
5. Zembron-Lacny A, Slowinska-Lisowska M, Sygula Z, Witkowski Z, Szyszka K. Modulatory effect of N-acetylcysteine on pro-antioxidant status and haematological response in healthy men. J Physiol Biochem. 2010; 66: 15–21
6. Sekhar RV et al. Deficient synthesis of glutathione underlies oxidative stress in aging and can be corrected by dietary cysteine and glycine supplementation. Am J Clin Nutr. 2011; 94: 847–853
Genestra Digest Plus provides a complete, well-balanced formula with natural enzymes and hydrochloric acid designed to enhance the digestion of...
Children’s Chewable Vitamins provides a great-tasting orange and papaya-flavoured combination of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and bioflavonoids in the proper ratio...
Phytoembryotherapy is a branch of phytotherapy that specifically incorporates plant embryological tissues (buds, young shoots, etc.) containing •plant meristem• cells...