Designs For Health Glycine Powder
Glycine Powder offers the amino acid glycine in a pure powder form for flexible dosing and patient convenience. Glycine is a conditionally essential amino acid used for structural protein synthesis, detoxification pathways, neurotransmitter function, brain health, sleep support, and healthy blood sugar levels. It is a primary constituent of collagen, making up over one third of the total amino acids in this key structural component of blood vessels, skin, bones, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and other connective tissue. Glycine powder mixes well in water or any other beverage, and may be beneficial in supporting normal muscle tissue repair post workout.
Made with non-GMO ingredients.
each serving contains:
Glycine - 3 g
As a dietary supplement take 3 grams ( approx. 1/2 teaspoon) with water or any other beverage per day, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Glycine is the smallest amino acid, with a side chain consisting of just a single hydrogen atom. Although it is synthesized from serine in the human body, supplemental glycine may be beneficial to help meet the body’s many biological and metabolic demands for this amino acid.
- Primary constituent of collagen
- One of the amino acids that make up the glutathione tripeptide (a.k.a. gamma-glutamyl-cysteinyl-glycine)
- Required for efficient phase II detoxification (conjugation of xenobiotics and endogenously produced toxins)
- Helps support liver health after alcohol-induced damage and other forms of liver injury
- Conjugates with bile acids to form bile salts necessary for the digestion and absorption of fats and fat-soluble nutrients
- A well-known inhibitory neurotransmitter
- Can be used post-workout for recovery/glycogen resynthesis, especially for those following a low carb diet who prefer to avoid post-workout carbohydrates