Antioxidant and multivitamin combination for optimal health
• Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins and provides support for healthy glucose metabolism
• Aids in the development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth, gums and night vision
• Helps to maintain eyesight, healthy skin, membranes, immune and proper muscle function
• Helps to prevent vitamins C, E, B6, B12, pantothenic acid, biotin, thiamine, riboflavin, manganese, chromium and selenium deficiencies
Maxum Multi Vite is a multivitamin formula that also provides five sources of antioxidants for the maintenance of good health. Selenium is necessary for the production of selenoproteins, including glutathione peroxidases and selenoprotein P, which are involved in the antioxidant defense system.1 Vitamin C is the most important aqueous antioxidant in the plasma, interstitial fluid and soluble compartment of cells.2 As the first line of defense in these areas, vitamin C prevents free radical damage to DNA, and helps recycle vitamin E to protect against oxidative damage in lipid membranes.2 Rutin and green tea extracts further provide antioxidants to maintain good health.3,4 B vitamins help mediate hundreds of enzymatic reactions, including the metabolism of macronutrients.2 Niacin, thiamine and biotin help provide substrates for energy production in the Krebs cycle, while folate and vitamins B6 and B12 help convert homocysteine to methionine for protein production.2 Chromium promotes healthy glucose metabolism by helping to regulate glucose uptake in cells and promote its storage as glycogen.5,6 Beta-carotene is a provitamin A carotenoid pigment naturally found in plants.7 As it can be converted into vitamin A in the body, it is an important source of vitamin A to help maintain eyesight, skin, membranes, and immune function.7
1. Schomburg, L, Kohrle, J. Mol. Nutr. Food Res. 2008; 52: 1235-1246.
2. Combs, GF. (2012). The Vitamins (4th ed.). USA: Elsevier.
3. Yang, J, Guo, J, Yuan, J. In vitro antioxidant properties of rutin. LWT. 2008; 41: 1060-1066.
4. Cabrera, C, Artacho, R, Giménez, R. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 2006; 25(2): 79-99.
5. Hua, Y, Clark, S, Ren, J, Sreejayan, N. J Nutr Biochem. 2012; 23(4): 313-319.
6. Newsholme, P, Cruzat, V, Arfuso, F, Keane, K. The Journal of Endocrinology, 221(3): R105-R120.
7. Ruhl, R. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society. 2007; 66: 458-469.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
|Vitamin A (vitamin A palmitate)||1350 mcg|
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||100 mg|
|Vitamin D (cholecalciferol)||0.38 mcg / 15 IU|
|Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl succinate)||34 mg AT/ 50 IU|
|Thiamine (thiamine mononitrate)||15 mg|
|Riboflavin (riboflavin/ riboflavin-5-phosphate)||17 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride/ pyridoxal-5-phosphate)||17 mg|
|Folate (as folic acid)||167 mcg DFE (100 mcg folic acid)|
|Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)||30 mcg|
|Pantothenic Acid (calcium d-pantothenate)||50 mg|
|Calcium (calcium citrate/ d-pantothenate)||54.5 mg|
|Iodine (potassium iodide)||40 mcg|
|Magnesium (magnesium citrate)||20 mg|
|Zinc (zinc oxide)||5 mg|
|Selenium (selenomethionine)||40 mcg|
|Manganese (manganese sulfate)||4 mg|
|Chromium (chromium HVP ▲ chelate/ chloride)||40 mcg|
|Molybdenum (molybdenum Krebs ♦ complex)||10 mcg|
|Potassium (potassium chloride)||10 mg|
|Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) Leaf||27 mg|
|Betaine Hydrochloride||10 mg|
|Choline (choline bitartrate)||10 mg|
|L-Glutamic Acid||10 mg|
|Rutin (from Dimorphandra mollis seed pod)||2 mg|
|Coenzyme Q10 (yeast fermentation)||1 mg|
|Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) Leaf Std. Extract (50% polyphenols)||1 mg|
|Vanadium (vanadium Krebs ♦ complex)||10 mcg|
Other ingredients: Hypromellose, magnesium silicate, magnesium stearate, cellulose, silica
▲ Hydrolyzed vegetable (rice) protein | ♦ Citrate/ fumarate/ malate/ succinate/ alpha-ketoglutarate
Take one capsule two times daily with meals, a few hours before or after taking other medications, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Risk Information: If you are taking health products that affect blood coagulation, do not use, as this may increase the risk of spontaneous bleeding. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding; if you have a liver disorder or develop symptoms of liver trouble; if you have an iron deficiency or cardiovascular disease; or if you are taking medications for diabetes, high blood pressure or seizures, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use.
Guaranteed to contain no added wheat, gluten, artificial coloring or flavoring or dairy products.
Quality Assurance: Safety-sealed for your protection and for product freshness. Do not use if outer seal is missing or broken. Store in a cool, dry place.