Douglas Laboratories ProgestroMend
ProgestoMend™ is a Hormone Specific™ Formulation is designed to maintain the health of progesterone-producing glands and support the healthy function of progesterone responsive tissues.
Each serving of 2 capsules contains:
A Phytocrine™ Proprietary Blend - 1,400 mg
Paeonia lactiflora root extract (standardized to 10% paeoniflorin), Ligusticum wallichii root extract, Rehmannia glutinosa root extract, Bupleurum chinensis root extract, Passion flower (Passiflora incarnata, standardized to 3.5% vitexin), Wild Yam root extract (Dioscorea villosa, standardized to 10% diosgenin), Cramp bark (Viburnum opulus), Coleus forskohlii root extract (standardized to 10% forskolin), Vitex agnus-castus berry extract (Chasteberry, standardized to 0.5% agnuside and 0.4% aucubin)
Other ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule), dicalcium phosphate, vegetable stearate and silica.
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules daily or as directed by your healthcare professional.
The dose may then be increased to 4 capsules each day with food for 2 to 4 months or as directed by your healthcare professional.
After 2 to 4 months dosage may be lowered back down to 2 capsules each day with food and may continue on that dosage as needed or as directed by your healthcare professional.
The primary functions of ProgestoMend™ are to support the natural production of progesterone and support how tissues throughout the body respond to progesterone. This is accomplished by supporting the function of progesterone producing glands, and by supporting the function of progesterone responsive tissues through the use of herbs that have phytoprogesterone properties and herbs that mimic the actions of progesterone. Progesterone is produced in the adrenal glands of both genders, as well as by the ovaries and corpus luteum in females. While progesterone is also produced in the Leydig cells of the testes, it is typically converted to testosterone. The synergistic combination of specific herbs in ProgestoMend™ support important functions associated with optimal progesterone health:
- Supports the natural production of progesterone
- Support healthy adrenal function, a major site of progesterone production.
- Promote progesterone response in target tissue through the use of herbs with progesterone receptor agonist activity.
- Promotes healthy function of bone, heart, brain, breasts, uterus & other progesterone sensitive tissues with progesterone mimetic herbs.
- Support healthy inflammation, antispasmodic and anxiolytic properties of progesterone with progesterone mimetic herbs.
- Supports healthy brain function, memory, and cognition, and enhances mood while promoting tranquility.
WARNING: This product can expose you to lead, which is known to the
State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For
more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food