Designs For Health GPC (Glycerophosphocholine)
GPC (glycerophosphocholine) is a supportive nutrient for the brain, kidneys, muscles, testes and other organs, and is a building block for cell membrane phospholipids. Without the presence of this nutrient in the brain, we could not think, sleep or remember.
The maintenance dosage of GPC is 300-600 mg per day, with a higher therapeutic dosage in the range of 600-1200 mg per day. The typical oral dose of GPC used in most trials is 1200 mg per day in divided doses, in order to maintain high blood levels throughout 24 hours.
Each serving contains:
Glycerophosphochloine - 300 mg
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, diacalcium phosphate, silicon dioxide, vegetable stearate.
As a dietary supplement, take one capsule per day, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
GPC is a protective orthomolecular nutrient for many organs, including the brain, and is a water-phase building block for cell membrane phospholipids. GPC is also a constituent of many other vital molecules, such as the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Since GPC is water-soluble, it has the unique ability to cross the blood-brain barrier. Through randomized and controlled trails GPC has been proven to be highly effective for brain circulatory insufficiency and for recovery from ischemic damage or other trauma.
GPC may be helpful for:
- Brain recovery from stroke or brain injury
- Cognitive deficit from anesthesia following surgery (up to 50% of bypass patients experience brain damage following bypass surgery)
- Impairment in cognition and social behavior due to Alzheimer’s or vascular dementia
- Memory/mental focus in elderly and young
- Growth hormone production (take 60-90 minutes before workout)
- Age-related changes in brain function