Supports digestive system health and detoxification*
• Promotes liver health and function*
• Supports healthy hepatic lipid metabolism and detoxification*
• Provides antioxidant support in the liver*
• Reformulated to remove fructose and include more prebiotic fiber
• Delicious lemon-berry flavor
Liver Support & Detox Intensive* is a great-tasting combination of nutrients and herbal extracts that promote hepatic and gastrointestinal health.1-13* The liver is the main organ involved in cleaning and detoxifying the blood.1 Research demonstrates that green tea poylphenols, vitamin C, indole-3-carbinol and N-acetyl cysteine promote the activity of hepatic antioxidant and detoxification enzymes to support liver health.6-10* Lipotropes, including choline and methionine, promote healthy hepatic lipid metabolism to further maintain liver function.11* Liver Support & Detox Intensive* has been reformulated: the fructose has been removed and replaced with increased fructooligosaccharides (FOS). This type of prebiotic, soluble fiber has been shown to promote the presence of beneficial bacteria in the gut, increase the production of short chain fatty acids, promote regularity and improve general well-being in adults.12-15*
1. Loguercio, C, Festi, D. World J Gastroenterol. 2011; 17(18): 2288-2301.
2. Trappoliere, M, Caligiuri, A, Schmid, M, Bertolani, C, Failli, P, Vizzutti, F, Novo, E, di Manzano, C, Marra, F, Loguercio, C, Pinzani, M. Journal of Hepatology. 2009; 50: 1102–1111.
3. Hasegawa, S, Ichiyama, T, Sonaka, I, Ohsaki, A, Okada, S, Wakiguchi, H, Kudo, K, Kittaka, S, Hara, M, Furukawa, S. Clinical and Experimental Immunology. 2012; 167: 269–274.
4. Spittler, A, Reissner, CM, Oehler, R, Gornikiewicz, A, Gruenberger, T, Manhart, N, Brodowicz, T, Mittlboeck, M, Boltz-Nitulescu, Roth, E. FASEB J. 1999; 13: 563–571.
5. Stachlewitz, RF, Li, X, Smith, S, Bunzendahl, H, Graves, LM, Thurman, RG. The Journal of Immunology. 2000; 164: 176–182.
6. Khan, SG, Katiyar, SK, Agarwal, R, Mukhtar, H. 1992; 52: 4050-4052.
7. Zaidi,SMKR, Al-Qirim, TM, Banu, N. Drugs R D. 2005; 6(3): 157-165.
8. Reed, GA, Peterson, KS, Smith, HJ, Gray, JC, Sullivan, DK, Mayo, MS, Crowell, JA, Hurwitz, A. 2005; 14(8): 1953–1960.
9. Crowell, JA, Page, JG, Levine, BS, Tomlinson, MJ, Hebert, CD. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology. 2006; 211: 115 – 123.
10. Ozgur, E, Guler, G, Seyhan, N. Int. J. Radiat. Biol. 2010; 86(11): 935–945.
11. Fardet, A, Martin, JF, Chardigny, JM. 2011; 24: 895–915.
12. Bouhnik, Y, Vahedi, K, Achour, L, Attar, A, Salfati, J, Pochart, P, Marteau, P, Flourie, B, Bornet, F, Rambaud, JC. J. Nutr. 1999; 129: 113–116.
13. Scholtens, PAMJ, Alles, MS, Willemsen, LEM, van den Braak, C, Bindels, JG, Boehm, G, Govers, MJAP. British Journal of Nutrition. 2006; 95: 1143–1149.
14. Yen, CH, Kuo, YW, Tseng, YH, Lee, MC, Chen, HL. Nutrition. 2011; 27: 323–328.
15. Cummings, JH, Christie, S, Cole, TJ. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2001; 15: 1139-1145.
Genestra Digest Plus provides a complete, well-balanced formula with natural enzymes and hydrochloric acid designed to enhance the digestion of...
Children’s Chewable Vitamins provides a great-tasting orange and papaya-flavoured combination of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and bioflavonoids in the proper ratio...
Phytoembryotherapy is a branch of phytotherapy that specifically incorporates plant embryological tissues (buds, young shoots, etc.) containing •plant meristem• cells...