Sold Out $48.30
Japanese knotweed root formula
• Provides 250 mg of resveratrol per serving
• Maintains vascular function*
• Supports healthy glucose metabolism*
GENESTRA BRANDS Resveratrol 250 is a source of resveratrol, a polyphenol compound found naturally in the diet.1 Although Resveratrol is present in grape products and peanuts, the richest source of resveratrol is Japanese knotweed, a plant used in traditional oriental medicine.2 Oxidative stress accumulates with age, and can result in altered blood flow through the body and impaired beta cell function.3-5 As a result of its potent ability to scavenge free radicals, resveratrol plays an important role in the regulation of both vascular and beta cell function.6-9 Randomized, placebo-controlled trials have found that supplementation with 250 mg of resveratrol promotes healthy blood flow and glucose metabolism in adults.10-11
1. Carrizzo, A, Forte, M, Damato, A, Trimarco, V, Salzano, F, Bartolo, M, Maciag, A, Puca, AA, Vecchione, C. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 2013; 61: 215–226.
2. Timmers, S, Hesselink, MCK, Schrauwen, P. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 2013; 1290: 83-89.
3. Labinskyy, N, Csiszar, A, Veress, G, Stef, G, Pacher, P, Oroszi, G, Wu, J, Ungvari, Z. Curr Med Chem. 2006; 13(9): 989–996.
4. Arunachalam, G, Yao, H, Sundar, IK, Caito, S, Rahman, I. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 2010; 393: 66–72.
5. Lee, YE, Kim, JW, Lee, EM, Ahn, YB, Song, KH, Yoon, KH, Kim, HW, Park, CW, Li, G, Liu, Z, Ko, SH. PLOS ONE. 2012; 7(11): e50412.
6. Ghanim, H, Sia, CL Abuaysheh, S, Korzeniewski, K, Patnaik, P, Marumganti, A, Chaudhuri, A, Dandona, P. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010; 95(9): E1–E8.
7. Brasnyo, P, Molnar, GA, Mohas, M, Marko, L, Laczy, B, Cseh, J, Mikolas, E, Szijarto, IA, Merei, A, Halmai, R, Meszaros, LG, Sumegi, B, Wittmann, I. British Journal of Nutrition. 2011; 106: 383–389.
8. Ungvari, Z, Labinskyy, N Mukhopadhyay, P, Pinto, JT, Bagi, Z, Ballabh, P, Zhang, C, Pacher, P, Csiszar, A. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009; 297: H1876–H1881.
9. Minakawa, M, Kawano, A, Miura, Y, Yagasaki, K. J. Clin. Biochem. Nutr. 2011; 48(3): 237–244.
10. Kennedy, DO, Wightman, EL, Reay, JL, Lietz, G, Okello, EJ, Wilde, A, Haskell, CF. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010; 91: 1590–1597.
11. Bhatt, JK, Thomas, S, Nanjan, MJ. Nutrition Research. 2012; 32: 537–541.
The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Note: We assume no risk or liability for your use or misuse of information contained on this website. Health and label information change frequently, and while every attempt has been made to ensure that the content on this site is accurate, you should always check with a healthcare practitioner before taking any supplements.
© 2021 Healthy Habits Living.